September 4, 2011

Nine Muses - Figaro [MV]


Here is a music video by K-Pop girk group Nine Muses for their song "Figaro". This video isn't really that new as it has been out for a couple weeks now, but I really didn't give in to the song till now. While I know very little about Nine Muses, I do know that two members dropped out of the group. So currently they actually are Seven Muses. The song itself has a very infectious and driving dance beat. It also has a tinge of a retro 80's dance club vibe to the instrumentals and there are even usage of horns here and there. While the vocals aren't really that ground breaking or exceptional, I find that I can not get the parts of the song where the girls sing "by the midnight" out of my head. It's just so freaking catchy and matched with this pulsating beat it traps this song in my head. For reference's sake, I did decided to take a lot at their previous song "No Playboy" but I found that release to be rather lackluster to me. Figaro's instrumentals and the vocal melody are such a winning combination to me.

As for the video song, it's a very basic video that focuses on the girl's dance choreography to Figaro. Strangely Nine Muses is another Korean girl group to jump into the disco craze next to T-ara and Dal Shabet.The disco and retro vibe is rather apparent in the video with the girls sporting somewhat retro attire and the occasional disco ball here and there. There even a spinning record set piece in the video that the girls stand on. To be honest none nothing positive makes any of the girls stand out to me. Well there is the girl with the "huge eyes" but that's mostly because it disturbs the crap out of me. Also the short hair girl looks kind looks like the short hair girl from Rainbow, due to fact they have very similar short hair style. The dance for the song is a bit mediocre to me, though I do like the choreography during the "Give Up Up Tonight" parts. Other than that it's a pretty much average music video. Even though I still think the song is quite good despite any shortcomings in this music video.

To watch the music video for Nine Muses' song "Figaro" yourself, check out the video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment