September 4, 2011

Davichi - Don't Say Goodbye [MV]


So I finally got around to watching Davichi's music video for their song "Don't Say Goodbye". Usually I'm not really a fan of ballad singers or ballad songs, but I actually like this song. The vocals by the duo of Kang Min Kyung and Lee Hae Ri are excellent and the tempo of the song is at a moderate pace to keep me interested. Actually the vocals and instrumentals in this complement each other very well. You have the sweet and melodical vocals of Davichi and the also melodical and driving medium paced piano, strings, and drum beat accompaniment. The two just seem to click very well together to and I think it does well to evoke the emotions of the songs rather bittersweet message to the song.

The video for the song however, is a bit of a downer to watch. The video starts off with a guy finding a girl in a trash bag. I'll let that sink in for a short moment.







What the *bleep*? How is a girl in a trash bag just left there in front of his house? Who does that? Why is she a trash bag? WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!? Turns out the girl is being played by Davichi's own Min Kyung. So the guy then takes her into his home. From then on the video focuses on their budding romance with each other. I know you people reading this blog are thinking, "Aww how sweet". While I'm thinking, "you found Min Kyung in a f***ing trash bag, why are you not calling the police?". I mean sure Min Kyung says she has nowhere to go, but she is still a missing person and someone might be looking for her. I really think the guy is being way to accepting of the situation. Though when things start going great for the two, a revelation is made that throws that into jeopardy.





Apparently the guy used to have a girlfriend, but for reasons that are never mentioned she goes missing. Though the girl never asks the guy about her after she discovers her pictures. So everything seems hunky dory for the time being. That is until we are introduced to the "kidnapper". He calls up the guy and gives him an interesting propostion, "I'll give your girlfriend back if you give me that girl". So a new twist has been thrown into the story, the guy must chose between his missing girlfriend or for Min Kyung who he found in a garbage bag. Which is truly a thought choice to I would imagine.



So this is an interesting plot development, does the guy go for his lost love or for Min Kyung who he just met recently. Sure they had a connection and some sparks flew between them. Though is that enough for him to go for the new girl and not sacrifice her to get back his missing girlfriend? What exactly is his decision? What happens to Min Kyung?









Yeah, it looks like the guy chooses to get his girlfriend back. So in the process, he ditches Min Kyung and leaves her to the mercy of the "kidnapper". Sure it's kind of messed up considering the romantic connection they connected, but he probably loved his old girlfriend. I guess since the opportunity to get her back presented itself, he decided to take it. I mean sure he kind of led Min Kyung on and sure he could have tried to save them both. Though what about Min Kyung? Why didn't she run away to save herself when she had the chance? Either way you get this sad ending of the guy leaving Min Kyung for another woman and Min Kyung gets taken away by some mystery evil man. I mean I don't really know who to feel sorry for considering this was a no win situation. Though I can also understand why people think he is a d*** for letting Min Kyun get kidnapped again. I don't really know what to make of this. If you want you guys can add your 2 cents to this by adding a comment to this post.

To watch the music video for Davichi's "Don't Say Goodbye" yourself, check out the video below.

3 comments:

  1. what is the name of the guy ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this... for the first time.. I watched the MV,, and It was so great MV! I'm so sad of the ending.. although, I didn't understand of the ending...
    but, after I read this.. now, I Understand..
    thanks ^^

    ReplyDelete