September 5, 2011

KARA - Step [MV]


So the day is finally here, KARA is back in Korea and they have released an awesome new album and a video for their song "Step". I have to admit, while groups like KARA and SNSD were off promoting themselves in Japan, they kind of fell off my radar. I think it has to do with a combination of limited access to Japanese music shows and preference to actual Japanese artist when it comes to Japan for me. So I was really anxious to see where KARA stood in my K-Pop idol group ranks due to my shift in interests. All I can say is after listening to "Step", I can still say they are the best f***ing five.

Really? That good you say? Yes, this song is phenomenal. I mean compared to any other song being promoted in Korea right now, this blows it out of the water. I'm not even kidding it's just so good. I mean the beat and instrumentals are driving and infectious and just make you want to move. Oh and KARA has really "stepped it up" in the vocal department. Thus providing a lethal combination if you will. I mean I'm not saying this is the best vocals and production ever, but for Korean dance pop standards this is very well done and well executed. KARA have definitely outdone themselves with this one.

Now the music video itself is your standard K-Pop dance video. You got the the girls in various outfits dancing choreography to the song with the occasional back up dancers. Though the dance and visuals presented in the video do very well to complement the song. The dance is energetic, fun, and striking. While, the video is extremely lively and colorful. Both evoke the driving and infectious nature of the song. Could they have done more? Probably, but the video serves it's purposes and helps strengthen the song by giving it visual that go well together with it. This is truly a well done music video. Also for people with eagles eyes out there, did you notice all the signs that reference old KARA songs? I liked that touch. Considering this is their first release in Korea since their lawsuit controversy, I felt like it was a nice homage to what the girls have accomplished so far.

To watch this amazing music video for KARA's song "Step" for yourself, check out the video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment