August 8, 2011

SISTAR - So Cool [MV]


Korean girl group SISTAR released a new MV for their song "So Cool". The song is another product of the Brave Brothers and their Brave Sound. The song itself isn't that bad. It's not anything mind blowing or anything but it does the job. I mean it's got a driving beat and is catchy like most Brave Brother's produced songs. Also the girls of SISTAR are not too shabby in the vocal department themselves. So it is a pretty decent songin those regards. I guess for me I just like the other SISTAR songs a lot more, especially "Shady Girl". Although, am I the only one that thinks it's funny that the Brave Brothers give other artists better songs than their own Brave Girls?

So I watched the video, and I honestly don't know what to think of this. I for one have no idea what the concept for this video is. I mean you got them walking down a runway/stage, getting ready in a dressing room, and the they're doing track and field stuff. The runway and stage stuff make sense together, but the track and field stuff makes absolutely no sense. This is made even more strange by the fact that they have gowns on with athletic socks and sneaksrs. I mean you got them wearing that and doing things like jumping hurdles, running relays, and Bora even does a high jump. I mean this by itself is strange by itself, but they make it even more strange by making it all in slow motion. I find it a little puzzling to why this is even in the video.

Oh and other juicy tidbit of randomness the girls provide in this video is their "fanning the butt" dance. If you look at the comments for this video on Youtube, you will see that a lot of people think SISTAR's dance looks like they are fanning their farts. Actually a lot of their dance moves here involve their butts. There are but shakes, fart fanning, and what looks like they are wiping their butts. Hell, there's even a part when you see Bora patting Hyorin's butt while she's bent over and smiling. Then again two of these girls are infamous due to the body wave in "Ma Boy". Although considering Korea's strict standards,a dance like this could get them banned.



Also it's worth noting that the girls use some English song. While a lot of Koreans songs use English lyrics here and there, I feel like the stuff used here is worth mentioning. The song starts off with stuff like "I wanna rock", "rock it like this"."Yeah, I feel so cool", and "I feel cool like iced tea". Which don't seem so bad, and seems like English that sounds right. Though, then you have them say "it's parry time". What the hell is "parry time"? Is parry even a real word? I feel like they want to say "party time", but their accents make it sound like "parry time". But it's weird, because at the start of the song someone says "party time" correctly. So I don't get it. Also, it's kind of random, but one of the male rappers in the background counts off in Spanish for no reason.

Other minor things worth pointing out is that there is a random appearance of a pedo looking old white guy in this video and three random guys in pink suits coaching/judging the girls. I don't know why they're there, but they just are. However I will question why the old white guy gives them some kind of bread as gift or what he has to do with anything. It's weird because the way he is presented makes him seem like he is a somebody.

To watch the MV for "So Cool" for yourself, check out the video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment