August 10, 2011

Dal★Shabet - Bling Bling [MV]


Dal Shabet is back once again with a new music video for their song "Bling Bling". "Bling Bling" apparently is this faced paced disco funk dance track of sorts. While there are parts of the song that baffle my mind, it is at the very least a decent song to listen to. I mean if you had no other choice or anything. I almost want to say that "Pink Rocket" is a much better song than this, even with the annoying bubble sounds. I mean the instrumentals and vocals for the track for the most part are actually somewhat enjoyable if nothing extraordinary. Though I can not help but sing the lines "Through the rain there's a brighter day, don't worry be happy" to this beat. Because yes, on some level this song sounds like SNSD's "Be Happy". Which I guess you can only blame E-Tribe for not reusing beats or not being creative enough to make the songs sound different. I don't know, you handle that how you want to. Other than that the only other gripe I have is their English in this song. "Oh Let's Go Just Disco". What in the hell is that even supposed to mean? I mean sure maybe they're trying to rhyme, but it's sounds pretty awkward to me everytime I hear it. Also for some reason I find the pronunciation of bling bling as buh ling buh ling somewhat cringe worthy. It also doesn't help that a lot of girls are using super cute aegyo voices while singing this song.

Now as far as the video is concerned, I don't really know what to make of it. I honestly feel the video is a essentially a massive cluster f***. Yes, it is a massive cluster f***. I mean all you really have is the girls dancing on various stages, text zooming by on the screen, and weird random visualizer graphics playing in the background. Which is all there really is to the video. Also I don't know who the stylist for this video was, but they need to be fired or shot. For one thing, I feel the girls have a bit too much make up on than usual. Combine that with the fact their wardrobe in this video is flat out atrocious and you have the girls looking like some terrible 70's-80's dance club performers. I mean if you really want to see a retro "disco" concept, look at "Roly Poly".

To watch and judge the Dal Shabet's "Bling Bling" for yourself, check out the video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment