May 30, 2010

My Memorial Day Weekend So Far . . .

So here is the run down of my Memorial Day weekend so far. I pretty much spent all day Saturday trying to get the Parallel to USB cable I got in the mail to work. Apparently it recognizes the printer no problem, but the scanner cannot be detected at all. So after hours of trying to see if all the drivers were installed. After wasting pretty much the whole day on this, I just broke down and bought a scanner off the internet. I just went with a Canon LiDE100 USB Flatbed Color Image Scanner from Walmart.com. I mean I'm not too particular on scanners and don't really need a super sophisticated scanner as the old scanner was over 10 years old and did the job. Also Saturday was my mom's birthday. I did not do anything with her to celebrate it as she is spending her Memorial Day weekend in Las Vegas with her friends.

While today, I meet up with my dad to celebrate my aunt's birthday with them. My aunt is currently visiting from the Philippines (usually her traveling is due to Central Bank business). So we had lunch at my dad's usual place to treat people out(Newark Buffet). After that we went to TJ Maxx to let the women shop for stuff. Then we went to Toys R Us so my aunt could get my cousin's 5 year old son some Toy Story toys. After that we went to Safeways to grab some soda that was on sale. Oddly, Safeway was giving away knives for free for just watching some guy give a demo on them. After that I split from them and went to get some gas and went to grab some other drinks that were on sale to stock up for the house. After that I went to St. Anne's and met up with my dad and Aunt there. For dinner we went to Mountain Mike's and ordered a large pepperoni and sausage pizza. After that we called it a night and I went home. The only other that went on during these days were that I watched the movie Kamikaze Girls on Youtube during those two days. I'll probably discuss that movie in it's own blog post. So yeah, that's pretty much it, but here are some photos of my dad and aunt and me:

Aunt Cora's 2010 Visit



Aunt Cora's 2010 Visit

No comments:

Post a Comment