November 16, 2011

Wonder Girls - Be My Baby [MV]

Wonder Girls - Be My Baby [MV]

So the Wonder Girl's have crawled out from whatever rock they have been hiding the USA and have released a new Korean album and music video for the song "Be My Baby". So I sat down and listened to song and thought it had catchy instrumentals and decent vocal melody. I mean on that basis alone I know I should like this song. I mean it has an upbeat retro style do wop kind of sound to it which is usually something I can get into. I mean hell I've caught myself singing parts of this song every now and then since I've heard it. Though there is one that ruins the song for me.

It's not so much the fact that this sounds like a border line Mariah Carey Christmas Song. No but I don't know why but for some reason, one or more of the girls is singing with a nasally voice. I mean what the hell is this? I want to enjoy the song but it sounds like the girl is singing with a cold. That just completely ruins the mood for me. This is why I can only say that I like this song . . . if someone else sang it. Although I will say that the English in this song is alright and that the song translated in English actually makes sense as well. So yeah . . . I will give them that. Oh and there's a rap in this song, which is completely out of place in this style of song, but compared to "The Boys" the rap here is performed so much better.

So as the video, there's not much really to talk about it. It's just the Wonder Girls dancing around in an oddly lit room. Much to the same effect that a lot of K-Pop videos take place in oddly lit rooms. I don't why it's like this but that's just how it is apparently. Though I will say one thing that will sum up my thoughts on this video quite easily, Beyonce. Though I will say that I like the portion of that dance that takes up the first 8 seconds of this video. However, that's pretty much it. Also this is just a side note, I've actually never seen the Wonder Girls before. So prior to watching this video I had no idea what they looked like. With that said for a girl group of their level of popularity, they kind of are not attractive. I mean they're not hideous, but compared to other groups their ratio of hot girls to fugmos is kind of lopsided in a bad way.


No comments:

Post a Comment