September 23, 2011

Brown Eyed Girls - Sixth Sense [MV]


So after two years, Brown Eyed Girls have finally released a new album and music video for their song "Sixth Sense". The girls waited so long to release new material because they wanted to make sure it was perfect to them. Now for the song the instrumentals have a very cinematic and movie score type feel to it. Which kind of adds an "epicness" to the song. Considering that Brown Eyed Girls is made up of talented vocalists and a skillful rapper, the vocals are well done with a slight jazz feel to them. Though I feel in some points the vocals don't really go with the instrumentals. Though as a whole it kind of works, so I don't know you're just going to have to judge it for yourself. Although I will say I don't think this is a song you can dance to or listen to leisurely. I think this song is only suited for events of a "cinematic" nature.

Now the video has an interesting concept. Here the girls are some type of rebel/freedom fighters about to stand off against some kind of evil regime run by a masked dictator. Then it also establishes that all 4 girls are individually captured in separate locations. Ok I understand Ga-In being chained in a room with a chair and Miryo being chained outside, those situations kind of make sense. Now what I don't get is why Narsha is half naked and rolling around in a room full of sand or why Jea is chained to a log in a room full of water. So for the most part the video intersects between each girl trying to escape and the girls and male back up dancers fighting off huge riot squad. That's essentially it. Sure I could make more comments about Narsha rolling in the sand or why is Ga-In the only one dirty and sweaty in this video, but I'm going to take the high road on this one. Yet, I can easily imagine this video being banned. Also I will ask why does the video end with the fight starting? The prior scene shows that the fight was over. Why did they go back in time? I really have no idea . . .

To watch the music video for Brown Eyed Girl's song "Sixth Sense" yourself, check out the video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment