July 15, 2011

Scandal - Love Survive [PV]


So the girls from Scandal have released a new promotional video for their song "Love Survive" and let me just say it is great. I truly like how for this song the girls have returned to a harder and faster rock style. While their past few songs weren't totally bad, they were either cute or slow paced. Here we are presented to a song you could legitimately rock out to.

The video is pretty standard fair for something of this nature. You got each of the girls in their usual school uniform gimmick in classrooms and other various places around the city. Each girl is featured individually as the camera spins and pans around them. This all pretty standard fair for a Japanese rock video.

Though it wouldn't be a Japanese video if I didn't nitpick some things that I did find odd. In this video, the girls as a group are featured rocking out in the middle of dance floor in the middle of a night club. Here the girls themselves ditch the school girl outfits for black more club like attire and pretty much just perform as they usually do. Which I guess would not be weird if they didn't have people in the club trying to dance while they are rocking out. It just seems weird having the two together to me. I mean while most of them seem, to be dancing randomly, there appears to be a set that is actually trying to do choreography to this. Strangely these dancers even mimick the girls usual guitar choreography motion and are even air guitaring along with the girls. Also I swear this is a guy in khakis and a sweater vest doing what looks like the Carlton on the side. Give that man an award or something.

Also while I don't understand Japanese at all, I did notice some things in the lyrics. Are the girls spelling out the alphabet in this song? No seriously, are they? Because I clearly hear them say ABC a couple times and XYZ at the end. I dunno I why that sticks out to me but it does. Also now that I think about it, the title also seems odd in English. Love survive, is not really a phrase that makes sense in English. I don't know what message they're trying to convey this title. Are they trying to say their love will survive or they they love survive I'm not really sure. Then again, this probably just another case of weird Engrish in Asian songs.

With that said, check out the video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment