July 4, 2011

Hyuna - Bubble Pop [MV]


So here we have a new music video for Hyuna from 4Minutes' latest solo song "Bubble Pop". I want to say that I personally find the song to be very catchy. I mean it sounds very fun and upbeat and really fits with the summer season really well. Although I don't know what to think of this dub step people are talking about. The song does have this weird techno breakdown at some point and it does seem a bit weird to me. Yet, I feel it doesn't prevent me from enjoying the song overall.

Now with that said the video of this song does a fairly good job at representing the fun, colorful, energetic nature of the song. Though considering this is a Hyuna video, I don't think that's what most of you want to see. This song without a doubt oozes a very sexy image. I mean I thought my post of SISTAR19's "Ma Boy" was sexy, but it has nothing on this. This video pretty much Hyuna in all of her sexual glory. I mean I myself am not a fan of oversexualized videos and concepts, but I feel what is shown here is not enough to make her appear "slutty to me.

I mean most of the different attires she wears throughout this video do not seem that racy to me. Most of it actually looks like stuff local girls here would wear in the summer and it is summer right now. I mean what? Were you expecting her to be wearing layers of clothes and leather like f(x) in "Hot Summer"? I mean I'm not trying to say I approve of this or what, but I'm saying given the circumstances this seems like a very logical video concept for summer. Granted I will say some of the concepts seem pulled from American music videos. Beyonce anyone? Also, I don't want to spark a debate or anything, but I totally can see why some people think Hyuna reminds them of Lee Hyori in this video. I mean she might be trying a little too hard to be sexy like her in this video but I can see the similarities in their appearances. Which reminds me, whoever thought it was a good idea to give Hyuna a tan in some of the shots, you are an idiot.

So with that said I still think this is a fun and upbeat song. It's up to interpretation on if she is oversexualized here or not, but I will say that either way is very hot in this video. So if you want to check this out for yourself watch the video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment