July 6, 2011

Girl's Day - Hug Me Once [MV]


Today the Korean girl group Girl's Day released a video for their new single "Hug Me Once". Which I have to say is an awesome song. It's very lively, upbeat, and catchy. I mean the instrumentals on this song are very energetic and really fit the mood for summer. Also the girls do pretty well in the vocal category for me. The vocal melody in this song is just something I find wonderful and even the rap parts in this song flows with the rest of the song. Many times the rap parts seemed thrown in and break the flow of the song for me. However, I think the song is well put together. Also I think there may be some slight auto tune used, but again I think it fits well with the song. I definitely like this song over their last single "Twinkle Twinkle".

The interesting to note about the video for the song is that it is interactive. From the get go you can pick between a game version, music video, dance version, or no. All versions feature the girls and a guy, who represents you the player, out having what appears to be a fun summer adventure. The adventure spans various beautiful locations such as a garden pond, a beach, a museum, a cruise ship, a restaurant, and a pool. The premise here seems to be that you the player are going on special dates with each of the members of Girl's Day. Which I would admit is fine notion. Though, I just have to reassure you guys and girls reading this that I am not a pedophile. I understand there are members in the group that are below legal age and I do not view them in a manner that would be deemed inappropriate Though you have to admit the girls exude a lot of feminine and cute charms throughout this video.

Oh and if you want to laugh a little there is a game version of this music video. Here you go on individual dates with the girls and in the end pick a girl to be with. The text for the "game" is surprisingly in English too. Though, there is some spelling errors and Engrish to be found. Also there a quite a few funny bits in the dates and endings but I will you let you see those one your own. I will say that Minah's ending is borderline bizarre to me in comparison to the hilarity found in the other endings. Though yeah, the game premise really seems based on dating simulation games. Overall I think the interactiveness was interesting, but I felt they could have done a little more with it.

So to wrap it up, this is a great song and the music video fits the song well. Definitely check it out for yourself!

Oh and for those of you who just want to get to the main music video . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment