July 25, 2011

After School Red - In The Night Sky [MV]


After the release of the After School Blue video the other day, After School Red now releases a video for "In The Night Sky". The concept behind the Red unit is that the members featured would represent a sexy and fierce style. The song itself I think is decent and good to listen to. However, it's not really anything new creatively when compared to other songs from other groups. In fact, the song itself sounds very similar to songs performed by the group SISTAR. Though I think you can blame that more on the fact the songs are produced by the Brave Brothers. While, the concept for After School Red is fierce and sexy, the song does not really further this idea. It's a very catchy dance track, it just doesn't strike me as sexy or fierce.

As for the video, I don't really have much to say about it. I mean you have Kahi, Nana, Jungah, and Uee in the desert. Three of them come in on a motorcycle, a truck, a quad. They meet up with Uee and her crew of hot sweaty people that just happen to be out dancing in the desert. There is also a slight Native America and cowboys them going on or something. Then they dance until it's night and light a huge campfire. Nana shoots what one would assume to be gasoline, since it's coming from a gas pump. Then they proceed to dance some more and it starts to rain.

Which if I am interpreting correctly makes no sense. Why does it make no sense? For one thing, how is it that Nana is the one spraying it into the air in an arc, and also the first person to get hit by it? Also they are next to a giant campfire, the gasoline would have ignited and either caused a huge explosion or at least caused some people to be set on fire. Though thankfully none of that ever happens in this video. Yet, it also conveniently starts to rain at the end of the video, So I guess if anyone did catch on fire the rain would put them out. I really don't know what to say, other than maybe it's not gasoline that's in that gas pump. Or maybe it's just Pledis Entertainment magic that we do not know about.

That's pretty much all that happens in this video. I mean I guess the video is kind of hot and sexy, but it isn't as in your face with it like Hyunah's "Bubble Pop". Although, now that I think of it, it might be mainly due to the fact that Nana is in in this video. Actually let us take a moment and reflect upon this fact with some gratuitous photos of Nana:













I mean their choreography isn't all that seductive and the song doesn't really have a sexual sound to it. So they must have been relying on something else to convey this concept or something. Either that or they totally failed the concept and maybe I'm just trying to cover up for them. You be the judge on that one. I mean they don't have to oversexualized like Raina or something, but the video just doesn't seem like it conveyed the sexy theme that strongly as they seemed to promote it was going to be. Though I will give them credit for making Uee look presentable in this music video. What does that even mean you say? Think about it my friends . . .

To check out this video for yourself, definitely check out the video below. Even if only if your only desire is to see Nana, Kahi, and Jungah. Although, I guess you could also watch it for Uee. I don't know why you would do that, but that's your call to make honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment