September 20, 2010

Japantown, San Francisco (9/19/2010)

Japan Town, San Francisco (9/19/2010)


Japan Town, San Francisco (9/19/2010)


So after Hyper-Con yesterday, my friend Bruce suggested that we go to Japan Town to get some food. Since I had never been there before, I said OK since I wanted to check it out for myself. While there, we look around at the various stores there and what in the malls that were there. I would have to say that while I was there, I felt like a kid in a candy store and wanted to be like a tourist and check everything out. There was a toy store and a lot of stores with kawaii character brands there(perfect for business research).

So we went to the Japanese grocery there to get some food. The pork tonkatsu I got was delightfuly even for being kept in the refrigerated section of the store and me not finding steam rice to go with it. Also it was fulling serving size for being only like 3.49 plus tax. So after eating we go looking around some more. While walking around we ran into fellow BAAU member Tricia and her friend who also was looking for something to eat. While talking to them it was brought to my attention that there are tables set up in certain areas where you can leave promotional stuff. So Bruce and I went and found one the tables where you can leave fliers and cards and left only a few stickers and cards on the table since I didn't have a lot on me. We then went looked at some other stores and then got some frozen yogurt. For .43 cents (I think that's what it was) an ounce that was definitely a yummy treat.

So while eating our frozen yogurt we decided to go look for the Fatlace store located nearby. We find the store and Bruce goes in while I wait outside and continue trying to finish my yogurt. So Bruce comes back and I still am eating my yogurt so we stay there while I finish my yogurt, so I can go and ask if it's true that you can stick a sticker on their door. While I'm still trying to finish this yogurt, me and Bruce argue on whether I should ask to put up a sticker or stick one on there and run. At the same time, I see a group of three people walking down the sidewalk towards our direction.

For some reason, I wondered why the fellow in the middle with the blonde afro looked familiar to me. Then I looked and saw a Gloomy Bear head hanging from his pants pocket and saw that his messenger bag said "Chax" something as they passed by us. Then it hit me, that guy was freaking Mori Chack O___O. The freaking creator of Gloomy Bear! So when I tell Bruce this, he eggs me on that I should go talk to him. But I am apprehensive about it. I mean the guy is just walking down the street with his friends(they look like his friends), I don't want to just randomly bother him on the street like that. Then there's the issue of me not even knowing what to say to the guy. I mean I'm a nobody and Crazy Go lucky probably wouldn't mean anything to him. So I chicken out on the whole matter and we just continue on our way. I wasn't till hours later we forgot to figure out the thing about putting a sticker on a door though -____-".

So our next stop was the New People store. There we checked out all the little stores that were in there. It also came to my attention that Baby The Stars Shine Bright is a real thing and not something just made up for the movie Kamikaze Girls. This is because there was a little store for the brand and it's line of lolita dresses. But yeah there were lot of artsy and high end looking things sold on the two floors we looked at. After that we decided to head on back to my car, thus ending our little Japan Town adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment